Status : Applications for Spring 2019 are currently open
Applications for Spring 2019 apprentices are now OPEN!
We invite young creatives (14 - 18 years old) in the St. Louis metro area to apply and earn a stipend through paid apprenticeships in the arts in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
Applying for a St. Louis ArtWorks apprenticeship is NOT first-come, first-served. Teens interested in working for St. Louis ArtWorks must:
1) Be at least 14 years old,
2) Complete the online application (below),
3) Get a letter of recommendation sent to ArtWorks by a non-family member (teacher, after-school activity supervisor, church member, etc.)
4) Be selected for and attend an in-person interview at St. Louis ArtWorks (5959 Delmar Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63112),
5) A commitment of five hours a week (2.5 hours after school Tuesdays & Thursdays OR 5 hours on Saturdays), starting Saturday, January 26, through Saturday, April 27. All apprentices including the Tuesday/Thursday apprentices are required to work on April 27, when ArtWorks hosts our Annual Spring Sale. Attendance on April 27 is part of the program’s required participation.
Application Start Date: November 12th, 2018
Application Deadline: December 20th, 2018
Interview Day: January 5th, 2019
St. Louis Metro Bus and MetroLink are easily accessible near St. Louis ArtWorks’ location! Visit Google Maps to enter your address and see how quickly and easily you can get to St. Louis ArtWorks from your home!
THANK YOU for your interest and support of teen employment and the arts in St. Louis!